make-it-rain-pink-glitter asked: Hey do u have any ideas for a bold but natural teenage look to wear to school? Just want some new ideas ! Thnx xoxo<3
Hey there! :) I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to answer this, but I just had so many ideas running through my head that it was hard to narrow it down to just a handful. I just recently got into the bold and natural look myself and love how easy and fun they can be to create. When going for this look, the number one thing you will want to keep in mind is that to keep the look natural you will want to only accentuate one or two paticular features of yours while keeping the rest of your makeup minimal and toned down. Just a few of the ideas that crossed my mind are:
- Using a light beige, brown, cream, or peach eye shadow swept across your lids, lining your upper lash line with a thicker black liner to be smudged out in a way to give you that “winged” look - I’ve personally found gel liners to work the best for this look- and then using an extreme volumizing mascara that will not only thicken your lashes but also won’t clump easily. Then if you paired that look with a fun and flirtatious lip color in say a red, pink, or coral, you’d be all set to go.
- Go for a more bolder eye shadow look with a gold, copper, bronze, or brown and then use a brown liner and pair it with a nude pink or peach lipstick or gloss.
- Keep your eye makeup minimal and go for the more dewy and fresh faced look by not setting your foundation with a powder and brighten up your eye look with a nude or white liner on your lower lash line. I could easily see any lip color adding a creative pop to this look. You could probably even use a mild highlighter, bronzer, and even a blush to really pump up this fresh-faced look.
- Using a bright springy pink or coral blush color on your cheeks.
- Three words: tinted. lip. balm. Some lipsticks have wax that has a lower melting point that will cause it to melt and give you that feathering and bleeding look even while using a lip primer or liner. A tinted balm will not only moisturize your lips, but it also won’t feather nearly as much and won’t force you to have to keep touching up your look.
- Speaking of touch ups, depending on how much time you want to spend during your school day touching up your makeup, you may want to opt to look for products that specifically advertise themselves as being either water proof or for longer wear. Most water proof and long wearing products seem to hold their color better throughout the day which will help them keep your look more bold.
- Annnnd my most favorite look: using a light beige shadow, lining your upper lash line with a thin line of black liner, carefully smudging out the liner to appear a little more natural, and then applying a thin line of brightly colored eye shadow right above your liner and then blending it up so that it blends into your nude shadow. I usually go heavy on the mascara with this look and will often times pair it with a nude lip gloss. I’ll have a tutorial up on this look soon since it’s a bit hard for me to explain.
I really hope this helps you some. I’m still new at the whole bold and natural thing, and am still learning on perfecting what works for me. :P